Hong Kong’s Carrie Lam: ‘I am no puppet of Beijing’ – BBC News
The incoming leader of Hong Kong, Carrie Lam, has told the BBC she cannot guarantee that freedom of speech will protect those who call for independence. Next week she will be sworn into office by Chinese President Xi Jinping. She spoke to our China Editor, Carrie Gracie.
More publications in category BGM TV, BGM TV , Hong Kong
- Oman announces new visa rules
- What Iranian Oil Sanctions Could Mean for U.S. Pump Prices/WSJ
- When iPhones and Androids Chat: How to Live With Green Bubbles/WSJ
- Swiss bank UBS goes on trial in France over alleged tax-dodging scheme
- See the Big Winners of the 36th Edition of the Bulgarian Film Festival “Golden Rose”