Grigor Dimitrov Struggled but Reached the Third Round of the Australian Open
Grigor Dimitrov played one of his weakest games in recent months but still managed to qualify for the third round of the Australian Open Tennis Championship.
World 3 won over McKenzie McDonald (USA) 4:6, 6:2, 6:4, 0:6, 8:6 after a 3-hour battle at the Royal Layer Arena in Melbourne.
The 22-year-old American (No. 186 in the rankings) demonstrated a tremendous amount of self-confidence against the Bulgarian No. 3 and was about to create the biggest sensation since the start of the men’s tournament.
Especially humiliating for Dimitrov was the fourth set in which the Bulgarian failed to take a single game.
For place of the 1/8-finals Dimitrov will fight on Friday with №30 in the scheme Andrey Rublev (Rus).
More publications in category Bulgaria Sport
- Singapore Travel Guide – Must-See Attractions
- The Bulgarian National Museum of History Displays Rare Exhibits to Celebrate 140 Years of the Constituent Assembly
- Bulgarian Football Nationals Remain without Victory after Difficult Draw with Kosovo
- Singapore’s office decentralisation
- Can Hong Kong’s carrot and stick approach prove effective in improving stock market quality?